It has almost been a month in to summer break from school and it still honestly doesn’t feel like summer. Coming from being in a year-round school for twelve years, I am not used to having such a long summer. This is also the first summer where I am working a part time job as well as a proper internship. It hasn’t quite started to feel like the summers that I am used to and it has thrown me off. In order to kick myself in to summer gear I have decided to make a bucket list of things that I want to do during summer break this year. I like having things to look forward to, so I hope making this list will kick me in to a super summer excitable mood!
1. Go on a day trip with friends. Whether that be just an hour drive to Asheville or a couple hours to Knoxville, I want to go on a fun trip with some of my friends!
2. Explore downtown Jonesborough more. Downtown Jonesborough is one of my favorite places to just get out and walk. There are so many unique shops and places to explore that it makes for a great place to hang out on a summer day.
3. Actually do something fun for my birthday. This one has a little back story. Last year, my 18th birthday, was a little bit of a bust. We had just gotten back from a family trip to Florida and I had done no planning for my birthday what so ever. This is sad because I typically spend MONTHS ahead of time planning for my birthday. Like I’ve said before, I LOVE HOLIDAYS AND PLANNING PARTIES. This year I want to something super fun with my close friends and family to have a day to just spend together!
4. Get a tan. The last few months have been so busy that I haven’t had time to enjoy some fresh air. I want to at least get somewhat of tan, because right now I look like a ghost. I’m not usually able to tan very well but I have a feeling that this may be my lucky year! I also just need to stop being a hermit crab and leave my house more.
5. Exercise more. Lately I have been doing pretty well at watching what I eat and choosing healthier options. People have begun to say “are you losing weight?” and to be honest it has been a nice thing to hear. That being said, I don’t want my focus to just be losing weight because I think it is more important to just focus on getting fit in order to do what is best for my body. I don’t want to do it because society tells me I need to be smaller, but because I just want to keep my body active and healthy. I know I need to exercise more and work building muscles, so what better time to start than summer!
6. Get back in to taking pictures. I got my first camera when I was 10 years old and fell in love with photography. This love grew throughout high school and led me to yearbook, but when I graduated I kind of lost my spark for photography. I started feeling like I wasn’t good enough at it and that just made me not enjoy it anymore. I haven’t done much photography wise for a while and that makes me really sad because I miss the passion I had. I am hoping with practice I will begin to feel more confident again! I am determined to take a lot of picture when I go on vacation to Washington DC and Harrisburg at the end of the month, and I need to force myself to take as many as possible. Expect to see a beautifully picture post coming at the beginning of July!
I’m going to keep this list short and end it here because let’s be honest, it needs to be in order to be realistic!